8 months ago
If you have questions, click here to Live Chat with a Recruiter!
The Supplier Delivery Leader will manage supplier relationships and drive on time delivery of hardware across key stakeholders and work with engineering, quality, commodity buyers and manufacturing to identify critical delivery problems and work to solve them. The supplier delivery leader will be responsible for driving delivery strategy and execution of suppliers.
The Supplier Delivery Leader will work with suppliers to ensure they have capacity, raw material and internal resources to support current and future schedules, minimize risk at suppliers, monitor their execution and coordinate with functional experts to mitigate problems prior to their impact on customers.
The Supplier Delivery Leader will: Drive delivery health – measured by high on-time delivery and low delinquency – across all assigned suppliers and part numbers.
In addition, you will:
* Identify and resolve input material risks through raw material reviews with suppliers and GE’s internal raw material teams
* Assess capacity by identifying capacity risks at suppliers and executing plans to sustain capacity
* Ensure suppliers process WIP on schedule; solve problems as necessary to ensure a successful delivery to support our customers
* Effectively manage supplier relationships and create supplier accountability as outlined in GE Aviation’s Supplier Expectations Performance Management (SEPM) process
* Work with cross-functional team – consisting of manufacturing engineering, quality and procurement resources – to solve critical delivery problems
* Communicate timely, articulately and effectively across key stakeholders
* Define supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier panels
* Develop new solutions under guidance and / or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations
* Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
* Work with senior leads (SPB, EB and SEB) across GE
* Specify needs, communicate about project approach and present outcomes of research done
* Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge
* Actively participate in supplier performance reviews
* Advise Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures within their own field
* Contribute to project as a team member or leads small projects
* PLEASE NOTE : Work Location listed is Evendale, OH. However, this position may also be available at our Lynn, MA facility.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in supplier delivery, procurement, production control, commodity management, project management and/or shop operations
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* PLEASE NOTE : Work Location listed is Evendale, OH. However, this position may also be available at our Lynn, MA facility
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
* Detail oriented
* Ability to multitask and coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Self Starter who likes to be a part of a fast-paced team
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
If you have questions, click here to Live Chat with a Recruiter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.