8 months ago
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill is seeking a skillful and knowledgeable Machine Tool Grinder to join the Company high-performing operations team. The position is full-time, permanent, and unionized.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications, 2nd and 3rd shift pay differential will be respectively 15% and 20%.
* Interpret the engineering drawings and instructions to provide sharp tools for all machines in a timely manner
* Evaluate the durability of tooling and make continuous improvements through trials of various newly available tool technologies
* Set-up and operate a five to nine axis tool grinding machine in a skillful and efficient manner
* Monitor the grinding operations and controls to ensure quality of work and compliance to specifications
* Utilize proper inspection instrumentation and knowledge of test methods to perform part inspections
* Make an effort for continuous improvement to work processes for production and/or quality control
* Maintain documentation and process documentation as per Company SOPs
* Minimum of a High School Diploma
* 5+ years’ experience in a tool grinding role
* Must be familiar with and able to use precision measuring equipment including micrometers, calipers, height gages, and comparators.
* Must be able to inspect their work to insure that tools will produce product per print specifications.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.