5 months ago
Machine and Weld Technician-BRI00531
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
Plan and machine parts and shop aids to tolerances and dimensions in accordance with engineering and methods documents. Perform Tig and/or orbital welding on aircraft detail parts per engineering specifications. Sketch, weld, modify and/or assemble metal jigs, fixtures, hand tools and/or safety equipment in accordance with engineering specifications.
• Perform various TIG welding and MIG processes to assemble and weld steel, stainless steel and aluminum parts and assist with inconel and titanium
• Hand fit, hand form, and/or layout parts as required, clean detailed parts, and set-up welding equipment in preparation for welding
• Assist with checking engineering specifications to determine weld locations, type of weld, reaming, sanding and grinding operations and part dimensions
• Assist with performing surface finish of assemblies by grinding and/or sanding as required
• Degrease parts and details for assemblies
• Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
• Verify quantity and material type are correct and all prior inspection points have been stamped
• Verify all engineering and ship documents have been obtained to perform the necessary work
• Assist with planning machining procedures and set-up machine and part(s)
• Set-up and/or verify cutting tools per machine requirements
• Performa variety of machining operations for example, boring, drilling, milling, tapping and threading on raw material to produce machined part(s) to tolerances and dimensions in accordance with engineering specifications
• Monitor feeds, spindle speeds and tool wear during machining process and make adjustments to equipment, tools, and/or part(s) as required
• Finish machined part(s) using various hand tools
• Verify part is within specified tolerances and dimensions per engineering specifications and make further adjustments as required
• Comply with all environmental health and safety policies and procedures included but not limited to Safety Manual Section 1225
As our ideal candidate,
• You have typically 2 years TIG and MIG welding experience or equivalent vocational training in welding with certificate
• You have typically 2 years diversified machine shop experience and/or equivalent technical training or course work in machining or a related field
• You have basic knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering documents
• You have basic knowledge of calculating dimensional information or machining machined parts
• You have basic knowledge to obtain certifications for steel, stainless steel, aluminum, inconel, titanium and orbital welding with 1 year from original date of hire into classification
• You have skills to operate and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments, for example micrometers, calipers and dial indicators
• You have skills to use simple or compound sine tools
• You have skills to set-up and operate various shop machines, for example, welders, power hand tools and grinders
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: US-WV-Bridgeport
Zip Code US 26330
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 10.01.2019, 7:37:39 AM