about 1 month ago
Lunar Gateway Software Build Engineer
Houston, TX US
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for a Software Developer with Software build and Continuous Integration (CI) experience to set up CI infrastructure and provide CI support. This engineer will join the new Lunar Gateway project team and be responsible for CI of software development at the NASA Johnson Space Center.
NASA’s Lunar Gateway project will develop a human-tended lunar orbital platform used for human research in the Lunar environment, both orbital and surface. This work will involve applying CI techniques and methodology for automated building, testing, and releasing of software for a large-scale flight software development project. You will be a critical member of this team. Wanna’ join us!
This position requires a self-motivated, capable person with strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition to outstanding technical expertise, the individual must be very people savvy, have strong customer relationship skills, possess a positive team-player attitude, be flexible and willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise, and be an articulate speaker able to communicate complex technical ideas in a convincing manner. The individual must share our passion for our Nation's Space Program and share in the excitement of developing the next generation of human-rated spacecraft.
This work takes place at NASA/JSC in Houston, TX, a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in human space flight and the space exploration initiative.
More About the Role:
Job responsibilities include:
* Set up a CI environment for automated building, testing, and releasing of flight software.
* Develop CI related scripts and define CI pipelines.
* Maintain and make improvements to the CI system.
* Evaluate CI status and resolve issues.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident for access to USG facilities.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical / Computer Engineering or related disciplines with strong software backgrounds.
* A minimum of two years of experience in CI.
* Experience in software version control tools (Git, SVN).
* Experience in GitLab CI.
* Experience in Docker.
* Experience in Linux.
* Experience writing and executing software build and test scripts.
* Experience maintaining software build environments.
* Experience building and releasing software.
* Experience in software integration.
* Strong Python development skills.
* Must be flexible, open to new challenges in a dynamic environment, and possess strong technical expertise combined with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Requires the ability to manage multiple priorities with little supervision.
* Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong work ethic.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines.
* Experience in Jenkins.
* Experience in Make and CMake
* Experience in software regression testing and unit testing.
* Experience in Jira.
* Experience developing software in a CI environment.
* Experience in human-rated space vehicle software.
* Experience in the entire software life cycle.
* Experience in NASA Core Flight Software (CFS).
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.