8 months ago
Did you ever want to work in aviation but didn’t know how to break into the industry? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment, often outdoors, around some of the most incredible professionals in the industry? Did you ever wish that you could work for a company where you could grow your career? If so, Atlantic Aviation just may be the employer for you!
Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Atlantic Aviation operates the country's largest premier network of fixed base operations (FBO). With over 65 FBOs in 30 states, Atlantic provides a wide range of aircraft ground handling services including fueling and line services, ground transportation, catering, hangar, and ramp space. Our dynamic growth and outstanding customer service continue to set us apart in the aviation industry. Customer satisfaction remains at the forefront at every location. All our associates receive extensive professional training, so customers can be assured of the same high level of service, no matter which Atlantic facility they choose.
We are seeking a self-motivated, safe, positive, enthusiastic individual for an immediate opening as a Custodian (Utility Worker) at our facility in Philadelphia, PA. This position will be responsible for the general upkeep of the company’s facilities, ensuring a clean, appealing, safe environment to both our customers and employees. Duties will include:
* Empty trash receptacles
* Dust mop all floors
* Vacuum all carpeted areas
* General cleaning furniture, window sills, and walks
* Clean/stock all restrooms and janitorial closet
* Record and document all cleaning functions on appropriate logs and report to General Manager
* Maintain outside of facility and parking lot (trash pickup, sweeping, etc)
* Wash all windows on a scheduled basis
* Clean stairwells and elevators including mirror, vacuum, and shine
* Clean any spills ASAP to prevent injury to customers or employees
* Report any major safety item for repair
* Other duties as assigned by management
* In addition, this position will conduct courtesy van rides for our clients departing from our facility to the airport terminal on an as-needed basis.
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment
Experience as a custodian is preferred but not required. Prospective applicants will need a strong sense of safety and customer service to apply. This position does require you to work in all weather conditions, and flexibility with your schedule is a must as we operate 24 hours a day. As a minimum requirement, each applicant must posses the following:
* Be able to lift at least 50 pounds
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* Be at least 18 years of age
* A valid state drivers license and meet the company's insurability requirements
* Good communication skill, both written and oral
* Experience with cleaning equipment such as floor buffers, polishers, etc.