As a Lounge Stores Operative, you will be responsible for receiving, storing and distributing stock within the Lounge. Kitchen Duties will also be included.
- Loading and unloading cages with stock, some of which is heavy products / goods
- Follow Health and Safety and Manual Handling procedures at all times
- Restock and replenish the bar, kitchen and lounge inventory and supplies
- Transport goods from the Goods-In dock to the lounge via manual movement of wheeled cages and is physically demanding
- Checking goods against invoices and order
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on the location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Excellent knowledge of Manual Handling
- Health and Safety awareness
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn Swissport computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in a hospitality and/or airport environment is desired
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.