Job Summary Immediate Starts - Permanent 25 hours plus per week. £8.10 per hour.
Here at Swissport we are looking for the best of the best.
So why not start your journey here with us at Manchester Airport.
We are the worlds largest ground handling company and we are looking for fresh, new and talented individuals to start an exciting career in aviation in one of our VIP Lounges.
As a Lounge Services Agent, you will strive to provide an excellent experience for the customers who visit our executive lounges. Lounge Agents welcome passengers, facilitating entry to the lounge as well as serving beverages and preparing food as required. Duties will also include maintaining stock levels and ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Greet passengers as they enter the Lounge and introduce them to all aspects of the Lounge product, advising them of all available services and offering assistance where required to maintain customer loyalty
- Provide customers with an exceptional level of service to be remembered
- Operate a computer system to check entry eligibility and process payments
- Ensure products are well presented and stock levels are maintained
- Communicate flight information and deal with general enquiries from passengers
- Serve drinks and prepare snacks and meals as required
- Ensure the lounge remains clean and tidy at all times
- Liaise with third party contractors/suppliers as required
- Other duties as assigned
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on the location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn Swissport computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Previous experience working in a hospitality and/or airport environment is desired
- Ability to speak additional languages is desired
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.