The Lounge Agent will take care of the operations related to the reception of passengers, the arrivals of flights, and the check-in process at the lounge. Job Responsibilities
- Provide to the passengers an exceptional level of customer service at all times
- Greet passengers as they enter the Lounge and introduce them to all aspects of the Lounge product, advising them of all available services and offering assistance where required to maintain customer loyalty
- Liaise with service providers and supervise contracted staff, overseeing catering, cleaning and maintenance operations, so that service standards are met and maintained
- Assist operational staff in a proactive manner, to ensure passenger needs are met by undertaking seat changes, issuing of boarding cards, check-in of transit passengers,and reservation changes
- Keep all passengers in the lounge informed regarding their flight departure and any other information pertaining to their flight
- Responsible to restock shelves and coolers
- Answer phone calls and other duties assigned as directed by the Lounge Supervisor
- Any other duties associated with the job classification
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Passionate about customer service and must have relevant work experience
- Experience as a passenger agent or equivalent experience in aviation field is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in country specific language
- Additional languages desirable (French language is required for the locations in the province of Quebec).
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Attentive to detail and numerate
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.