Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Logistics Operative and Attendant
Pay: £15 per hour
Contract: Temporary 6 months contract- possible extension 37 Hours a week.
Working hours when escorting are irregular and can be unsocial.
Candidates will regularly spend several days away from home - sometimes with little or no notice
My Client is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. They are the leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. They are now looking for a Logistics Operative and Attendant to join them on a Temporary contract.
- To be responsible for the receipt & despatch of all Stevenage goods and coordinate the through put of goods within the Goods inwards, inspection & stores areas.
- To ensure the timely and accurate booking of deliveries into the company SAP business system generating the GRN.
- Loading & unloading of goods verifying all deliveries by checking the goods received against the purchase orders & delivery requirements highlighting & logging discrepancies for each delivery.
- To co-ordinate all UK/European despatch requirements ensuring items are correctly packaged in line with procedures & arrange transport for collection using contract haulier online system.
The attendant duties will ensure the safe and successful delivery of abnormal, high value, schedule critical and highly sensitive consignments:
- They will act as the primary focal point for contractors and authorities for consignments throughout the transportation phase, within the transportation vehicle.
- To maintain support equipment, monitor and track route adherence, log events and anomalies, communicate with management and drivers of the transport vehicle & pilot cars, coordinator in the event of an accident/emergency, provide support during the shipment taking responsibility for it's safety from the point of handover at the despatch site, until the item(s) arrive safely at their destination at which point ownership of the load is transferred to the recipient.
Key Responsibilities - On site
- Receive & book in all Stevenage site deliveries
- Check outer packaging for damage etc, do not accept damaged Items
- Book all Purchase Order related deliveries on SAP
- Able to work under pressure and at own initiative
- Inspectable items for Inspection must be presented
- Unloading of bulk deliveries using the fork lift
- Manage delivery queries contacting purchasing etc.
- Receive and package items for external delivery for Stevenage Site
- Package items & arrange transport for collection using internal and external systems
- Packing of dangerous goods (by trained personnel only)
- Loading of outgoing deliveries using the fork lift
Ideal Candidate will have previous experience in:
- Hazardous & sensitive equipment handling
- Product Liability & Safety Policy
- Customer Service
- Proven experience with safe loading & unloading regimes.
- Proven experience of team working, planning, organisation and prioritisation
- Ability to cope with large volume of documentation and receipts and have an eye for detail.
- Experience in Logistics, Stores, Goods in & Despatch process & procedures.
Security clearance to SC level - current and transferable
Counterbalance FLT license - RTITB or equivalent, passed/refreshed within last two years
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"