about 1 year ago
The Logistics Manager is responsible for creating and
implementing a uniform process for the efficient flow of material, order
fulfillment process as well as all processes and procedures associated with
shipping, component repair, warehousing and logistics. The process must align
with the requirements to meet financial goals and expectations of the Company
and support to our customers. Requires experience with NSRWA office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Researches and analyzes business element problems to determine solution
alternatives. Reviews reports, papers, drawings, specifications, procedures,
etc.; consolidates comments from various organizations; and drafts
reports. Assists in preparing routine
correspondence (i.e., letters, memos and route sheets), spreadsheets, Gantt
charts, presentations and meeting minutes. Assists in maintaining program
management data, planning schedules and documents. Analyzes and researches
material to gain a thorough understanding of the management, organizational and
business elements supporting a task assignment. Assists in preparing oral
presentations and written reports. Good communications skills, working
knowledge of word processing and integrated software applications, management
and organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are
required. Position may require travel and the ability to pass and maintain a
* Design and implement uniform processes and procedures to maximize
* Manage and improve the accuracy of parts in the facility as well as
* Create metrics to manage department deliverables.
* Assure staff is trained and understands processes and procedures
concerning their responsibilities.
* Provide leadership to improve profit margin, process improvements for
assuring efficiency of the department.
* Implement cost saving initiatives for the group with metrics to
* Direct and guide the organization in all aspects relative to
outsourcing repair work to support the overall business plan.
* Ensure that efficient processes are in place to sustain vendor
* Identify and cultivate new relationships and opportunities.
* Facilitate the identification of problem areas and recommend quality
improvement initiatives to promote effective and efficient business operations,
processes and practices.
* Participate in the planning of all air lifts out of and into locations.
* Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse
activities with other departments' activities.
* Promote the mission, vision, and values that AAR has developed in order
to maintain a strong relationship with our employees, customers, and
* All other duties as assigned.
* Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals;
achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own
* Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications
skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that
is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes
* Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with
others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others;
assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
* Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short
& long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important
and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults &
collaborates with appropriate people.
* Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally &
encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches
to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
* Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with
internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate
work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
* Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies
and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough &
* Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational
processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes &
failures to learn and improve.
* Training & Development - Completes required & suggested
training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching &
* Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for
staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a
positive role model
* Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment;
analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial
process & results.
* Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer
through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of
trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* BS/BA in logistics, engineering, computer science, information systems,
math or business. MS desired
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Minimum 5 or more years of logistics experience. Aviation experience a
* International shipping of aircraft parts.
* ITAR regulations and compliance as it pertains to shipping aircraft
* Excellent process development skills.
* Must possess strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft
* Strong knowledge of MRP and the principles as they apply to purchasing
and inventory management.
* Budget preparation experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly
required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility. The
environmental characteristic for this position is an office setting. Candidates
should be able to adapt to a traditional business environment.
: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran