11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
As part of the Sensors & Integrated Systems (SIS) team, you'll help develop the next generation of more intelligent, more integrated and more reliable solutions that enhance aircraft safety and performance in the most rigorous flight conditions. We have 100 years of experience, a phenomenal product portfolio, state-of-the-art test labs and the resources to make your ideas shine. Come soar with us.
Kidde Fire Protection Systems (FPS) Systems is currently seeking a Logistics Engineer for the Wilson location. Kidde FPS is a global organization of close to 900 employees with offices in the UK, Australia, France and Germany and headquartered in Wilson, North Carolina, USA. We design, manufacture and service fire protection systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms.
Our business unit is seeking an experienced, energetic, proactive person with a thorough understanding of line back logistics. This position is responsible for providing support to the creation of a 3PL logistics site and ensuring that assigned duties are completed on schedule. These assigned duties will include management of material flow from / to internal and external suppliers or 3PL warehouses as required to ensure on time delivery to work centers, assigned line side storage areas and shop floor supermarkets. Additionally, optimization of supplier deliveries to include milk runs, material kitting functions at suppliers / internal site coordination with material management delivery functions. The position will also liaison between materials management and other departments in support of developing the 3PL capabilities for the site.
This position reports to the Materials and Planning Manager. The Materials and Planning team consists of project management, planning, and manufacturing engineering resources dedicated to operations support.
* The candidate must have ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, and to drive aggressive implementation plans and schedules.
* Good problem-solving and multi-tasking skills are a must.
* An understanding of aerospace drawings, specifications, and manufacturing processes is required.
* 2 years of experience with Lean Manufacturing and ability to show application of past experience.
* MS PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
* The candidate will need experience with the following activities: 3PL management, part kitting and material presentation, picking zones, coordination of daily / weekly delivery of material to a pitch. Setup and coordination of initial material milk runs to include development of the daily schedule to support daily material demand.
* The ideal candidate will have experience with SAP Material Master and Production Planning modules with a specific experience in setting up expense and Kanban materials within SAP. Experienced in developing and implementing policies.
* Experienced in processes improving and implementation of quality controls.
* Communication, drive for results, and the ability to adapt and overcome when confronted with obstacles are all critical to success in this role.
SAP knowledge is desired.
Authorization to Work Restrictions
Due to federal regulation or contracting requirements, this position is only available to U.S. persons.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
BA/BS degree with 4+ years or
MA/MS degree with 2+ years
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.