10 months ago
Specific Job Description [JP]
This role will provide Logistics Engineering Support to LM UKIS programmes along with specific emphasis on support to the Obsolescence Team.
The candidate will be expected to have a broad range of Logistic Engineering skills along with the ability to support the development of Logistic Support solutions for both Military and Commercial programmes. This position is based at Havant, Hampshire with requirements to travel throughout the UK and occasionally internationally.
* Provide ILS knowledge to support the development of support solutions in support of UKIS programmes.
* Conduct of a range of Obsolescence engineering analyses and the resolution of obsolescence issues to support programmes and bids.
* Carry out the resolution process for all the obsolescence queries raised against any of the LM UKIS products.
* Review Bills of Material, perform electronic component obsolescence analysis and COTS market analysis and present findings to management and customer
* Support the development of sustainment strategies including identification of alternate sources, items and modernization requirements.
* Identify and analyse support requirements from customer documentation such as the URD, SRD, SOW or SOR.
* Support the delivery and implementation of ILS activities including preparation of Support Plans (e.g. ISP, LSAP and other Element Plans), provide support to the design and development of Support Solutions
* Support the development of ILS bid documentation in support of proposal activities for military and commercial projects in accordance with the associated standards and guidance.
* Provide support to the design, management and implementation of ILS for current and future programmes.
* Understand and apply the principles of ILS standards including Def Stan 00-600, JSP886 and other equivalent standards.
* Carry out support analysis in sufficient detail to influence system design; conduct analysis and trade-off among architecture design alternatives.
* The creation of Basis of Estimates and associated programmes of work to develop the Support solutions.
* Understand the influence of Logistics analysis, Spares Modelling & Simulation in providing recommendations for spares and stocking solutions based on optimising Availability and Life Cycle Cost
* Provide ILS Support to the development of associated specialist support products, such as the LM STAR capability.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Business Environment [JP]
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Understanding of ILS specifications and standards including Def Stan 00-600 and JSP886
* Knowledge, experience and application of ILS disciplines
* Knowledge of Obsolescence management and the application of BS EN 62402:2007
* Previous work experience, preferably in the aerospace sector
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and work well in a team environment
* Knowledge of electronic components and associated industry
Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
* Knowledge and experience of Helicopter Systems and Maritime capabilities
* Experience in R&M analysis, including FMECA, in support of the system design process and development of the R&M Case.
* Awareness of Software support planning and analysis.
* Experience of Logistics modelling
* Knowledge of Service Management techniques for service management projects, including use of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methods.
* Knowledge of Training Needs Analysis (TNA), HFI, S&E.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.