3 months ago
The Logistics and Planning Leader demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In the role of Logistics and Planning Leader, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives and solutions for the F414 Performance Based Logistics (PBL) team and customers, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
In addition, as the Logistics and Planning Leader, you will:
* Foster and build on GE’s relationship with the U.S. Navy in all activities associated with the position’s responsibilities
* Communicate, as GE’s onsite point of contact to the Navy’s fleet organizations, regarding the status of parts, material, logistics activity and support required of the PBL contract
* Manage and coordinate communications between the Navy fleet customer and PBL team (principally the PBL Logistics Manager), supply chain and the logistics COE
* Responsible for prioritizing fleet requisitions and fulfillment of outstanding backorder requirements to satisfy fleet needs
* Responsible for the strategic planning of F414 PBL logistics in the field to ensure successful delivery to customers and deployed carriers
* Responsible for logistical activities, including:
* allowance change
* tracking of high priority requirements
* and shipping of high priority requisitions
* Drive cost reduction wherever applicable while meeting customer and safety requirements
* Conduct customer training and logistics awareness on deploying carriers and squadrons
* Provide production updates on all engines and modules from Navy repair facilities to GE program managers
* Work with GE Field Reps to solve customer spare parts issues and identify emerging trends for supported contracts
* Address material quality and documentation issues with the Navy customer for the quickest possible resolution and lowest cost to GE
* Manage GE shipping, packing and property protection for contracted material between government facilities and GE
* Prepare and effectively communicate presentations for senior leadership
* Assist in integrating MSO’s Military Analysis CoE (MACOE) capabilities into the forecasting methods for MSO PBL / Services contracts
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Services)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Logistics or planning Operations
* 5 years of experience in the warehouse operations, or customer service, or customer deliveries to support stocking requirements
* 5 years of experience in a supervisory role
* Ability to work well with informal government / GE teams for customer problem resolution
* Familiarity with state and federal hazmat shipping and handling requirements
* General knowledge of aircraft engines and support equipment
* Education / experience with IT systems to support inventory management
* Conversant in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Virginia; Virginia Beach
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.