5 months ago
Locomotive Maintenance Technician-TAME-01889827
Your ideas move people.
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. Bombardier ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance.
We are looking for a Maintenance of Equipment Technician for our Oceanside, CA facility.
In your role as a Maintenance of Equipment Technician, you will:
Inspect, service, repair and maintain diesel locomotives and BI-Level cars.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all railroad rules and regulations for safety, operations and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Plan, organize, verify and ensure the quality and quantity of work performed by the work group under your of responsibility ensuring the adherence to proper work processes and established health and safety practices;
- Ensure employees under your direct supervision perform in accordance with established company policies/labor agreements and address matters which may not be consistent with company policies/labor agreements
- Be responsible for servicing, maintaining, inspecting, and repairing rail equipment. Repair, replace and test machinery, components and systems related to rail equipment under direction of engineering or other staff by performing mechanical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic activities.
- Reviews and understand project/activity request, safety instructions, blueprints, schematic and diagram to ascertain test specification, procedures, objectives, nature of technical activity and possible solutions such as disassemble and replace, adjust or repair regarding the maintenance functions of both the locomotive and car equipment.
- Dismantle, assemble and replace new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as HVAC, brake, pneumatic system, propulsion equipment, truck and car body equipment and sub-system for trains so equipment can pass inspections.
- Analyze sub-system in order to meet design or rated specifications and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications in a timely fashion to meet customer train availability schedule and/or overhaul schedule.
- Records on appropriate report card or data sheet the activity performed by indicating all relevant information pertaining to the activity. Performs quality test and verification to insure safe performance of sub-assembly or component in order to properly report to the customer, governing agencies or for internal auditing purposes.
Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor based on train availability or repair schedule. Follows all Bombardier security and safety instructions or procedures in order to prevent any personal injuries and maintain a safe fleet that will meet the demands of a reliable commuter service.
- High School diploma/GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid Driver's License
- Proficient in written and spoken English is essential, French and Spanish are considered as assets.
- Extensive knowledge of Rail Equipment Systems and Sub-systems
- Prior years of experience leading Maintenance personnel
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications--both general and technical)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Mechanical and Electrical aptitude
- Strong Leadership & Team Building skills
- Heavy work, lifting up to 70 pounds occasionally and up to 100 pounds on a rare basis
- Reach/handle/touch/grip/stoop/bend/kneel/crouch/crawl/balance/climb/walk/stand constantly
- Exposure to equipment that intensifies the heat factor on an occasional basis
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Wear protective equipment such as hearing protection, safety-toe boots, or safety glasses where applicable
- Will require random testing for drugs and/or alcohol
- Will require a post-offer medical examination, including drug.
Work outside in all weather conditions in confined spaces, and on occasion at elevated heights.
This position is considered a "regulated service" position by the Federal Railway Administration (FRA) and subject to alcohol and drug testing under Federal regulations. Current Federal regulations prohibited the following controlled substances: marijuana, narcotics (such as heroin and codeine), stimulants (such as cocaine and amphetamines), depressants (such as barbiturates and minor tranquilizers), and hallucinogens (such as the drugs known as PCP and LSD). Controlled substances include illicit drugs (Schedule I), drugs that are required to be distributed only by a medical practitioner's prescription or other authorization (Schedules II through IV, and some drugs on Schedule V), and certain preparations for which distribution is through documented over the counter sales (Schedule V only).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Job: Train Fleet Management
Primary Location: US-CA-San Diego
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 11.02.2019, 12:06:03 PM
29.03.2019, 12:59:00 AM