Etihad Aviation Group is a transforming business; as a young and ambitious airline, our focus is on innovation and on making Etihad truly an airline of choice for our guests around the world. As such, we are seeking talented and committed individuals, who are driven by a desire to deliver a world-class product and exceptional customer service.
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Technical function at Engineer level. As Station Engineer ( London ), you will add immediate value by performing, validating and certifying specialized aircraft maintenance for multiple aircraft types according to regulations and standards to ensure optimal performance and avoid impacts on operational schedule.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Perform technical maintenance on different types of aircraft according certifications/licence,to ensure timely defect detection and accurate repair in compliance with regulations and internal procedures.
- Review and verify tasks execution according to ensure maintenance is conducted in compliance with work instructions and regulations
- Control and certify own and others operations on the different types of aircraft to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and work instructions
- Assign tasks and coordinate technicians and engineers teams to ensure the smooth execution of maintenance operations in compliance with safety standards,regulations,internal policies and agreed schedule
- Review flight crew feedbacks on aircraft status to accurately verify, diagnose and address potential issues
- Liaise with Operations departments to timely and effectively manage emergencies in case of aircrafts not ready for service
- Track and report risks identified during maintenance operations to reduce recurring accidents by detecting issues root causes
- Monitor and guide maintenance activities to ensure that maximum attention is given to Corporate Safety and Quality, aviation regulations and On Time Performance/performance monitoring programs
- Provide clear, effective and technically feasible solutions to ensure defects are timely addressed according to KPIs/SLAs and according to regulations
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to supervisor for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures
- People Development
Supervise the activities and work of subordinates to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures
- Safety, Quality &Environment
Comply with all relevant safety,security,quality,health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of qualification/certification is dependent on specific role.
- Valid AMEL B1 (+B2) (ICAO II, CASA, UAE GCAA/EASA Part 66) with a least 2 aircraft type rating on Etihad Airways Fleet
- A minimum of 5 years airline industry experience in aircraft maintenance and certification, if which 2 years should be in a Line Maintenance environment.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 90 destinations with a fleet of 110 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 580,000 tonnes of cargo in 2017. We are honoured to have received many awards for our service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme, training and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service, in recent years. The group is made up of seven business divisions – Operations, Commercial, Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO), Human Resources, Finance, Support Services and Transformation.