8 months ago
LM On-Site Project Support
Specific Job Description
Joining a busy Project Office at RAF Marham the role supports a wide variety of tactical activities essential to weekly success of the project. Tasks will be many and varied, all relating to execution of WS2 sub-projects delivering the Integrated Training Centre and Maintenance & Finishing Facility, together with tasks required to win and then execute on the delivery of the UK Strategic Facility. The position will report to the LM F-35 On-Site Programme Manager who will manage their workload. On a day-to-day basis the role will support the other 4 members of the team, Project Integrators (2), Sub-Contract Programme Manager and Project Office Lead.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
The UK has a requirement for its F-35 (Lightning II) aircraft called Freedom of Action (FoA). FoA is defined as the ability of the UK to generate Air System (AS) capabilities at the time of the Government’s choosing through the Air System lifecycle. Part of the FoA programme is a number of sustainment facilities. These UK facilities comprise the Integrated Training Centre (ITC), the Maintenance and Finish (M&F) facility and the Logistics Operating Centre (LOC) all at RAF Marham, Norfolk. All 3 facilities will be new buildings with construction intended to commence in April 2016 and to be complete by June 2018.
Lockheed Martin UK Aero is the Prime Contractor for the delivery of this capability with BAE Systems as principle partner responsible for management of the building construction. LM Aero (US) and LM MST (US) are responsible for delivering and installing F-35 specific equipment. A small LMUK Aero team is responsible for the day-to-day management of the capability project at RAF Marham. In depth support is available from elsewhere in LMUK and from the US.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Demonstrated experience in a project management environment
* Ability to develop customer and supplier intimacy quickly at all levels (both internally and externally)
* Good communication / presentation skills both written and spoken covering both one to one and group presentations
* Innovative, resourceful and tenacious. Must be hands-on and see tasks to closure
* Pro-active with strong self motivation
* Willing to learn and comfortable in very dynamic working environments
* A recognised team player
* Comprehensive ability with MS Office
* Clean UK driving licence and access to a car (6Km perimeter to facility)
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Basic MS Project ability
* Previous experience of working in an MoD Service environment
* Bid & Proposal experience
* Construction industry experience
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.