4 months ago
Linux Systems Engineer TS/SCI w/Poly
Req #: 210729
Location: Herndon, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will work as a Systems Engineer with hardened baseline configurations for RHEL or CentOS operating systems and Oracle database platforms. You will design, develop and test new features delivered as applications or services and collaborate with peers and team leads, both within the team and across the customer organization.
More About the Role:
* Provide hands-on DevOps support.
* Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
* Troubleshoot production issues and will document current and future configuration processes and policies. The Engineer will write scripts to automate operations and server management.
* Will have on-the-job experience with AWS in our environment.
* Will have on-the-job experience performing Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or CentOS Linux system engineering and administration to include user/group account management, file & directory administration, firewall modification, sudoers file modification, configuration of SSH, NTP, DNS, NFS, NIC bonding/teaming, port forwarding and system limits.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* TS/SCI w/ poly
* BA/BS and 10+ years of related experience
* On-the-job experience engineering with developing automated system tasks using at least one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Puppet (Ruby), Curl or Python, Foreman, Ansible, or AWS bootstrapping via cloud-init scripts
* On-the-job experience engineering developing modules or scripts to harden systems based on Center for Internet Security (CIS) benchmarks or similar standards
* Experience implementing and/or configuring encryption in-transit and at-rest to meet customer security requirements.
* Experience engineering the installation and configuration of free open source software packages onto RHEL or CentOS platforms to include the compilation of source code and ensuring configuration meets customer security requirements
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Demonstrated experience with systems vulnerability remediation activities, to include applying missing patches, disabling weak ciphers, installing PKI certificates, disabling weak protocols, and providing evidence to demonstrate completion of relevant security actions is desired
* Demonstrated experience performing Oracle/Sun Solaris 10 or Solaris 11 Systems administration is desired. Demonstrated experience with performance tuning of infrastructure components such as operating systems, application servers, or databases is desired. Demonstrated experience with building infrastructure using API, command line interfaces (CLI's), or silent installation files is desired
* Demonstrated experience with engineering solutions to satisfy high availability and business continuity requirements, such as Recover Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives is desired
* Demonstrated experience with customer security and accreditation activities is desired
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.