Line Station Supervisor EDI and ABZ
Edinburgh Airport, UK Airports, UK [United Kingdom]
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Department: EDI and ABZ line stations – P145
Responsible to: West Atlantic UK Line Maintenance Manager (LMM)
To support effective and efficient engineering at EDI and ABZ line stations that sustainably and safely meet operational requirements.
With the suport of the P145 LMM, responsible for ensuring the relevant line shift work at EDI and ABZ is planned and carried out on time, in total, and to the required standards set by the MOE and operators CAME.
- Responsible for delegating the allocated work on the line at EDI/ABZ; in consultation with the planning department, LMC and P145 LMM.
- Planned, distributed, and supervised workload for the rostered staff on the day and night shifts. Ensure all work is completed. Report any discrepancies/incomplete work to the LMM/planning departments and LMC.
- Responsible for informing the airline and LMM of the state of the aircraft and telling them of any delays/disruptions.
- Responsible for arranging day and night shift human resources to meet incoming/departing aircraft and assisting LMC and maintenance manager with night shift rostering to ensure EDI/ABZ operation meets the needs.
- Ensure any delay reports are completed on the company's MSP reporting system.
- Ensure all work is completed IAW company procedures and the relevant maintenance documentation, technical logs, and work orders are completed and returned to technical records.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of company policies.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely. Educate and supervise engineering staff in safe methods of working. Support the organization with the development of safe means of working.
- Ensure company logistics and work pack control system is completed correctly for all work carried out by the engineers. Report any deficiencies to the LMM/Logistics as required.
- Responsible for ensuring any required parts/tools for maintenance are ordered correctly and monitoring logistics regarding estimated/required delivery times.
- Ensure tools and equipment are handled correctly and stored in the correct locations.
- Responsible for ensuring proper handover procedures are completed IAW the MOE and local station procedures.
- Ensure company premises are maintained and good housekeeping standards are always met. Report any building/facility defects to the LMM.
- Ensures that any spares moved via COMAT are controlled, and associated line stations are informed.
- Ensure any stock replenishment items are received and located correctly on the company's stock control system.
- Responsible for approving any annual leave requested by EDI and ABZ engineering staff and reliable alongside the P145 maintenance manager to ensure any holiday is covered with a correctly authorized and capable team.
- The line station supervisor must ensure that the EDI and ABZ line engineers' airside passes and driving permits are up-to-date and valid. The Line Station Supervisor must also provide the vehicles at each station are maintained and airside vehicle permits are kept accurate at all times.
- The line station supervisor is responsible for ensuring all tools/equipment are kept in a serviceable condition and reports to logistics if tooling requires recalibration or repair.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as the company sees fit per the position's responsibilities.
- Unrestricted EASA B1 or B1/B2 license–type rating required on 737CL.
Minimum five years of Aviation Engineering experience
Must be a Proactive, self-motivated & confident, self-starter
Effective interpersonal skills
Possess secure and practical communication skills (both written & verbal)
Ability to make sound judgments based on the company's needs operates in a very fluid, fast-changing environment.
Proven problem-solving and Planning & Organizing skills
Supervisory/people management experience is desirable, and managing people effectively is essential.
Basic B1 Salary of £42,000 (B1/B2 combined £46,200), company pension, 21 days paid leave.
£6,500 EDI shift allowance.
£3,346 B737CL Type rating (unrestricted)
£3,346 B737NG (unrestricted)
£2,038 ATP (unrestricted)
£2,438 supervisor allowance