Line Maintenance Technician – Avionics
The Zephyr Operations team are responsible for the design, build, operation and maintenance of the aircraft and Ground Communication System throughout its entire lifecycle.
12 Month Contract.
37 Hours a week.
Start: Jan 2023.
Circa £30.00 PAYE subject to experience and qualifications.
Candidates will only be considered on a PAYE basis.
The Airbus Defence and Space UK Zephyr is a world record breaking High Altitude Long Endurance solar-electric powered Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) capable of persistent operations in the stratosphere.
Following our successful test flying campaigns over the last 3 years we now have opportunities for talented, team-oriented people to join our exciting programme. We are an inclusive group of aviation professionals who all share a vision to operationalise the stratosphere and if you have suitable transferrable skills, including relevant technical and aviation experience, then this is your chance to apply to join the flight operations team.
We now have multiple positions for Line Maintenance Technicians to support our test flying campaign in 2023. Full training is provided to suitable candidates at our specialist training facility in Farnborough. Successful candidates will rotate through deployment overseas and our operations centre in the UK. All travel, accommodation and meals are provided when working overseas.
We welcome applications from all backgrounds and experience, although you will need to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK, as well as have the ability to travel overseas. We are not able to obtain work visas to enable living and working in the UK, although visa support will be provided where required for overseas operations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
• Experienced in providing technical and maintenance support in an Aircraft or UAS line maintenance environment.
• An understanding of Aircraft Maintenance Regulations (MRP PART 145)
• Experienced in Aircraft Maintenance Record Keeping
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Task orientated with a flexible attitude
• Ability to develop and build good working relationships with a diverse customer and team base installing a positive safety culture across the organisation
• Self-motivated, ability to work alone or as part of a small team.
• Methodical approach to assembly, system testing and problem solving.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience within the Aircraft / UAS Maintenance Industry, whereof minimum 2 years in an appropriate line maintenance environment.
• Formal Aircraft Maintenance qualifications in an avionic/electronic engineering discipline
• Willingness to work internationally for long periods, sometimes at short notice
• IPC Level 3 Soldering (J Standard)
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook) and Aircraft Maintenance MRO platforms (SAP/AMOS)
• Previous experience in writing company procedures a distinct advantage
• Experience of working on operational/deployed projects
• Human Factors (Initial & Current)
• EWIS 1+2
• Manual Handling
• Working at Height
• COSHH Training / Experienced
• Avionic equipment installation, wiring and system integration of UAVs platforms, including ground control stations
• Understanding of TCP/IP and network Security
Location & Working Pattern:
Farnborough, with extensive travel time overseas Arizona, USA and Australia.
For UK work – standard day shift approx. 37 hours per week in office hours 9-5 Mon-Fri, with flexible working.
Initial training onsite Farnborough circa 8 weeks when tasks are allocated (developing documents, conducting research, study at home etc) then this is at the discretion of the contractor.
Off-site work required. Some office work onsite, remote working from Airbus supplied IT equipment at home and travel to flight trials locations up to 50% of the time.
Expectation of 8 week deployments with approx. 6 weeks between deployments, probably 2 -3 deployments in 2023 and some daytime visits to UK test flying sites as required.
You will need to be available for training in early January to be eligible to apply.
One stage interview – face to face with a potential skills test
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a basic disclosure certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
Applications are via - https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record - at a fee of £23 which will need to be paid by card in full at the end of the application process. The cost of the application is only recoverable from the client once the contractor has started and that recovery of costs is via the expense process.
The successful candidate will be required to pass BPSS security clearance before confirmation of contract offer.
A CEST assessment has been carried out for this role and it has been deemed Inside Scope of IR35
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.