4 months ago
L3 Technologies ESS Inc. (L3 ESS), a division of L-3 Aviation Products (AP) sector, is an internationally recognized supplier of integrated logistics and system support services providing OEM and third party MRO for a variety of avionics, inertial navigation systems, radars, cockpit displays and other systems. As an aftermarket services provider we provide integrated and performance based logistics support, logistics management, supply chain management and technical solutions for air, land and naval platforms for both defense and commercial applications.
L3 ESS employs highly skilled and experienced personnel, including logisticians, engineers, technologists and technicians and we are now seeking a motivated individual to fill the following position in the Halifax area:
Life Cycle Material Management Supervisor
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Supervise Worklife of Life Cycle Material Managers:
* Monitor and plan LCMM workload and distribution
* Provide guidance and ensure quality of LCMM outputs
* Ensure adherence to L3 ESS processes
* Provide input into the development of L3 ESS processes to support LCMM activities,
* Participate in continuous improvement activities
* Provides recommendations regarding training needs, succession planning, and personnel issues and risks
* Perform limited LCMM duties
* Oversee transition of CP140 Block IV systems to in-service life cycle management
* Co-ordinate disposal of non-Block III equipment
* Interact comfortably with L3 ESS management and DND customers
* Carry out other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Aerospace electronics technologist diploma or equivalent military training and experience
* Supervisory experience in an aerospace maintenance environment, preferably military
* Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
* Experience with the DND aerospace modification processes an asset
* Experience with Life Cycle Material Management an asset.
* Experience with maintenance of CP140 avionics and mission systems an asset.
* Experience with airworthiness regulations an asset.
* Must be able to obtain a Canadian Industrial Security Clearance to SECRET level as soon as possible.
* Must be eligible for International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Controlled Goods Regulations Program (CGRP) government clearances.
All successful applicants must be eligible to meet requirements for U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian government security clearance.
The successful applicant can expect to enjoy L3 ESS’s 9/80 Work Schedule—2 weeks’ work scheduled into 9 work days, resulting in every other Friday off. A comprehensive benefits package is also included.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Restricted
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Electronic Systems