Volotea is the newest and fastest-growing low-cost airline in Europe, focused on connecting medium and small-sized European cities. We launched in April 2012, and have transported more than 15 million passengers in over five years of operation, with a modern fleet, which is currently made of Boeing 717 and Airbus 319.
Volotea headquarters are located in Barcelona, Spain, being its principal markets Italy, France, and Spain. Our operational bases are Italy (Venice, Palermo, Verona, Genoa), France (Nantes, Bordeaux, Strasbourg, Toulouse, Marseille), Spain (Asturias, Bilbao) and Greece (Athens).
We are looking for Four Licensed Aircraft Engineer (B1) Airbus 319 type rated who are used to interact in different cultural environments, and who want to work in a challenging high-growth environment.
The work place is Verona Line Station (Italy).
Purpose of the Position
As a B1 Licensed Aircraft Engineer you will be in charge of carrying out the line maintenance of Volotea’s A319 fleet, as established by EASA Part 145 and other equivalents from other aeronautical authorities. You will carry out airworthiness maintenance tasks specific to the qualification level of the LAE collective, and carry out support maintenance tasks of the qualification level of the LAE collective in relation to the planning and control of production, data and maintenance records, utilities and tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Verifying that all work required by the customer has been accomplished during the particular line maintenance activity or work package in accordance with the procedures specified in the Volotea MOE. Also, assess the impact of any work not been carried, and agreeing with the operator to defer such work to another specified check or time limit.
- Verifying that there are no non-compliances that may hazard the flight safety.
- Ensuring that the release certificate and/or technical log statement contains all the necessary details and reference numbers, including details of maintenance which was not completed but allows a return to service within the approved aircraft limitations.
- Verifying that the aircraft technical log and associated documents have been completed to the required standard following completion of all maintenance.
- Ensuring that there is an instruction to the flight crew placed in the technical log where crew actions are necessary to verify aircraft airworthiness.
- Complying with Volotea internal and mandatory reporting requirements.
- EASA Part 66 Licensed Aircraft Engineer certified on Airbus A319-320.
- Five Years relevant work and troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience in aviation MRO environment: Line Maintenance, Maintenance Control, Technical representative or Airline Engineering.
- Strong technical knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Good communication skills, able to communicate effectively to all related parties both verbally and written.
- Fluent English spoken & written compulsory. French, Spanish and Italian will be considered a plus.
- Self-disciplined, highly-organized individual able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive and cooperative attitude.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and programs (especially AMOS, My Boeing Fleet and Airbus World).
- Flexible, willing to work on 24/7 rotating shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Experience in AIMS will be considered a plus.
- EASA Regulation (Part M, Part 145), EWIS and Fuel Tank Safety certificates in force will be considered a plus.
- Driver’s License.