7 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
Legal Counsel is responsible for the day-to-day activity of structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with GE Healthcare Life Sciences’ key strategic and corporate account customers. The Legal Counsel is also responsible for maintaining product and corporate policies and procedures, and ensuring consistent application of these throughout the business, through robust partnering with the business.
The Legal Counsel will also be required to provide legal advice and counsel to the GEHC Life Sciences business on a variety of other legal matters and transactions, including distribution agreements, licensing arrangements, R&D collaborations, sourcing agreements, marketing/communications materials, product documentation, corporate transactions (e.g. M&A), compliance with healthcare antifraud & abuse laws, the UK Bribery Act and corporate governance matters. The Legal Counsel reports directly to a Senior Counsel within the Life Sciences Transactional Legal team. The role will be based in Greater London (Amersham).
Key responsibilities/essential functions include
* Acting as a business partner by applying combined business and legal judgment to proposed deals, relationships and other issues requiring legal or compliance attention, strategic transactional legal advice and support of key initiatives
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating strategic business agreements and transactions, including (but not limited to) customer sales contracts, and distribution, collaboration and licensing agreements
* Supporting the Life Sciences Product team across a number of EMEA regions
* Advising the business on regulatory, privacy, competition law and advertising/promotional matters
* Providing regulatory and compliance advice in conjunction with the Regulatory and Compliance specialist areas in GE Healthcare
* Supporting on dispute resolution and litigation where appropriate
Quality Specific Goals
* Aware of, and comply with, the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
* Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
* Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
* Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with active bar membership
* Business law experience at a top law firm or corporate legal department, including but not limited to drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions (i.e. purchase, sale and distribution agreements)
* Previous experience drafting and negotiating complex business transactions, including licensing deals
* Previous experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple business clients in an extremely fast-paced environment
* Ability to communicate using English (and local language) and outstanding interpersonal skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
* Some years PQE experience at a leading law firm or in-house legal department
* Fluency in more than one European language
* Experience of the Healthcare industry and previous exposure to healthcare industry regulations
* Demonstrated experience providing legal advice in a highly regulated environment
* Please note that the PQE mentioned is only a guide as to the level of experience that we anticipate will be needed to fulfil the position. However, we are happy to consider applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience. All candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role will be considered on an equal basis.
Locations: United Kingdom; Chalfont St Giles, Amersham
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.