3 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
Virgin Australia’s Guest Contact Centre (GCC) strives to be a centre of excellence in delivering superior customer service, driving revenue and achieving operational efficiency. The team are currently recruiting for a Learning Consultant to come on board and play a key role in ensuring our agents are enabled to deliver the best possible experience to our guests.
As a Learning Consultant you will undertake analysis of the learning needs of the GCC and make recommendations on the design and delivery approach that meets the strategic objectives of the business. Other key accountabilities will include:
* Designing learning plans and training content for delivery.
* Delivering new hire and on the job training to staff that meets needs analysis and achieves training objectives
* Tracking, measuring and reporting the effectiveness of training programs delivered, always considering opportunities for improvement
* Coaching and guiding offshore learning team consultants to successfully design and delivery tailored learning content to contact centre agents overseas.
Occasional overseas travel to the Philippines is an additional requirement of this role.
Who you are:
A people person. You collaborate and engage with department stakeholders to understand requirements and address needs. You understand relationships are key to delivering successful results.
A Champion of Better. You strive to make things better for the team and the business.
A superior communicator. You pride yourself on your verbal and written communication skills and always communicate clearly, effectively and with purpose.
A level headed self-motivator. You have no problems remaining calm under pressure and will put your head down and work through it.
What you’ll need:
* Ability to understand and adapt to different audience needs and cater to different learning styles
* Experience designing and delivering both technical and soft skills training to adult learners
* Ability to design training using creative alternatives to sit-down classroom learning; including development of video, e-courses, active learning, etc.
* A background in the travel, hospitality or other customer-service focused business would be advantageous
* Knowledge of GDS and/or Fares & Ticketing would be highly advantageous
* Adult learning certification would be advantageous
What you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish your own role and shape the Learning and Capability team within the GCC. You will be integral to the enablement of our agents ensuring all knowledge gaps are filled and they are set up for success.
Also, other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline… as a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
If you are passionate about learning and development and pride yourself on your training design and delivery skills, then we want to hear from you.