7 months ago
Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. Parker employs approximately 55,000 people in 50 countries around the world with annual sales of approximately $13 billion in fiscal year 2015.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
LEAN MANUFACTURING ENGINEER TRAINEE
Responsible for learning and developing lean concepts by studying and planning operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities where decisions are made within the limits of general practices and policies. Entry level engineering. Interacts with more experienced engineers to manage and follow through on independent projects. This position will also assist other managers and engineers when applicable.
• Assist lean activities utilizing engineering background.
• Assist in establishing operational methods and work standards using various measurement techniques.
• Assist in planning new and/or relocation of facilities and operations.
• Assist in the design and improvement of manufacturing/production methods and control systems using new, existing, or modified machinery and equipment. Design tools and equipment as necessary.
• Assist with Kaizen events by establishing course of action to accomplish task and/or project.
• Regular contact with others outside the work group.
• Introduce or recommend changes to work methods, safety measures, and labor organization.
• Design of facilities and layout of building; layout of machines and equipment.
• Develop methods for controlling production costs and costs analysis.
• Utilize knowledge and background to address Ergonomics/safety issues.
• Know basic manufacturing operations and practices.
• Maximize facility efficiency through establishment of Kanban and inventory systems.
• Senior standing and currently enrolled in an Industrial Engineering program.
• GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Working knowledge of lean concepts and demonstrated application.
• Relevant experience gained through internship or co-op opportunities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication; project management experience preferred.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Must be willing and able to relocate. This is a two-year rotational training program.
• May or June 2017 graduates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)