3 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
Virgin Australia’s Guest Contact Centre (GCC) strives to be a centre of excellence in delivering superior customer service, driving revenue and achieving operational efficiency.
To achieve this goal, we must ensure our teams are enabled to deliver the best possible experience to our guests. We are therefore currently recruiting for a Leader, Learning and Capability to build and drive an overall contact centre learning and capability strategy that supports the team achieving these business objectives.
Other key responsibilities will include:
* Overseeing the design, development and delivery of all training for the department – for both in-house and offshore contact centre teams
* Providing leadership and guidance to Brisbane-based direct reports in key KPIs and behavioural expectations, ensuring that the training they design and deliver is aligned to the overall strategy and meets key requirements
* Providing direction and leadership to our offshore teams to ensure learning plans, design and delivery requirements are executed appropriately
* Collaborating with contact centre leaders to ensure alignment of training strategy and programs with other department efforts
* Building strong partnerships with peer training leaders in the business to enable consistency in training programs across the company
* Recommending and implementing opportunities to take new and innovative approaches to learning
* Supporting leadership skills development through designing and delivering contact centre specific leadership skills program in collaboration with senior department leaders.
Regular overseas travel to the Philippines is an additional requirement of this role.
Who you are:
A strategic thinker. You own and drive business strategy, lead objectives and champion continuous improvement
A motivator. You inspire your team to think outside the box and innovate ways of working
An influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose
A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external department stakeholders understanding relationships are key
What you’ll need:
* Experience creating Learning and Capability strategies that meet business objectives by delivering high quality technical, soft skills and leadership skills training
* Experience in leading teams, developing and motivating direct reports to be effective in their roles
* A strong background in designing and delivering training to adult learners
* Experience working with offshore teams, ensuring the overall training strategy meets their needs
* A background in the travel, hospitality or other customer-service focused business would be advantageous
* Knowledge of GDS and/or Fares & Ticketing would be advantageous
* Adult learning certification would be highly advantageous
What you’ll get from us:
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish your own role and directly impact the enablement of our GCC agents. This is position has high exposure and the opportunity to influence our employees and have an impact on the service our customers receive.
Also, other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline… as a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
If you are passionate about learning and capability and ensuring your team have the right tools to set them up for success, then please apply below.