3 months ago
We know what sets Virgin Australia apart is our people and the drive that we all have to make a real difference for our guests. Our culture encourages innovation whilst ensuring that our guests remain the focus of our business. We deliver a highly professional and polished service, whilst ensuring that we are safe in everything that we do. We want dedicated people who are passionate about customer service and ready for the challenge of working in a challenging environment.
The reality is that being a team member of the Virgin Australia group of airlines involves hard work but is very rewarding. Our people are at the cornerstone of the business and their award winning service to every guest every day is putting the magic back into flying.
About the role:
Virgin Australia’s Guest Contact Centre (GCC) strives to be a centre of excellence in delivering superior customer service, driving revenue and achieving operational efficiency. The GCC are currently recruiting for a Leader, Customer Service to develop an engaged and enabled front-line workforce by championing a focus on our people and our values.
As the Leader, Customer Service, you will build a cohesive leadership team that drives a high performance and an engaged team culture. Managing and mentoring a team of Sales and Service Development Team Leaders, you will in turn, drive our agent teams towards realising our company’s strategic objective of being Australia’s favourite airline group.
Other key responsibilities will include:
* Working with GCC senior leaders and support teams, along with external department stakeholders, to lead efficient and effective day to day operations within the GCC
* Designing and delivering continuous improvement initiatives, and applying policies and processes to maximise team effectiveness.
* Analysing performance trends, developing action plans, and overseeing successful delivery of improvement initiatives to meet department performance metrics.
* Developing a high performing and motivated ‘Team Leader’ team that succeeds in both current and future roles within Virgin Australia.
Who you are:
A strategic thinker. You own and drive business strategy, lead objectives and champion continuous improvement
A motivator. You inspire your team to think outside the box and innovate ways of working
An influencer. You communicate clearly, effectively and always with purpose
A people person. You collaborate and engage with the internal and external department stakeholders understanding relationships are key
What you’ll need:
* Strong people leadership skills, with previous experience leading and developing groups of leaders
* Experience in a customer facing environment with call centre knowledge and exposure to workplace relations/unionised environments being highly regarded.
* Comprehensive knowledge of call centre drivers, dynamics, metrics and management practices would be high regarded
* The ability to motivate, lead and drive a team to achieve set targets
* Extensive experience in the customer service and/or call centre industries
* Proven success in developing, implementing and managing processes, policies and other tools that support and operational and customer service focused environment
What you’ll get from us:
Other than the opportunity to work for an award winning airline…
As a Virgin Australia team member, you will also receive fantastic employee benefits including discounted flights for you, your family and friends (across domestic and international) and global accommodation options.
This role is key to ensuring our Guest Contact Centre team delivers a superior customer service experience to our guests. If you’re a confident and engaging Leader who fosters and encourages a positive sales and customer-focused culture, then we want to hear from you.