5 months ago
This position, under the direction of the lab supervisor, assists with managing technicians in the Mechanical Testing Office. Responsible for training, auditing and quality of work performed and conformance against testing procedures in the Huntington, WV facility.
• Lead technicians for optimal quality, training, safety and production.
• Perform all duties of the MTO team leader in the Mechanical Testing Office/Saw Area in their absence.
• Good working knowledge of Oracle, especially the Quality Module.
• Provide training on MTO functions and work instructions.
• Participate as a key member of the technical staff driving quality, productivity, training and auditing.
• Work with labs and manufacturing on any issues related to testing.
• Assist with tracking down missing samples.
• Assist manufacturing on when samples will complete testing.
• Conduct training and audits to assure quality of work performed and conformance with established procedures.
• Research and respond to questions related to testing in progress.
• Support technical staff by assisting with troubleshooting methods for MTO printers and to minimize downtime.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma.
• Must have minimum 5 years of experience working as a technician in Mechanical Test Office.
• Familiar with lab procedures and test methods in all the labs.
• Maintain accurate record keeping.
• Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels.
• Must be able to work flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process.
• Experience assisting with the direction of others.
• Proficient at more advanced problem solving.
• Able to determine if test results comply with order requirements.
• Demonstrate a high level of safe behavior and is able to identify and avoid dangerous situations. Identify unsafe conditions and address them or bring forward proposed solutions.
• Actively participate in Company sponsored safety, quality, productivity and cost improvement activities.
• Work well in a team environment in a cooperative manner.
• Attention to details
• Communication skills
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.