4 months ago
Lead Systems Engineer (LSE)
Job ID: 462949BR Date posted: Dec. 04, City: Orlando State: FloridaProgram: TSS Rotary, LVC, Ground Training
Description:At Lockheed Rotary and Mission System (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Lockheed Martin TLS Orlando is looking for a Systems, Integration and Test Engineer to support the development and testing of simulation and training products. This position requires leading a systems engineering team in performing trades, analyses, requirements allocation, detailed test planning and resource allocation on development, product upgrades, and production support. Analyses will be performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The selected individual will:
- Lead a team of Systems and Integration and Test Engineers to define System, Software, and Hardware Requirements necessary for the design, implementation, and evolution TLS products. Maintain System Interface Control Documentation baseline.
- Lead a team of Systems and Integration and Test Engineers through the Integration and Verification of Software and Hardware elements
- Support software engineering development through requirements interpretation and maintenance.
- Provide information and coordination with technical and program leadership.
- Provide program planning and status inputs to team leadership, as necessary to ensure program Cost, Technical, and Schedule constraints are achieved.
- Interface as required with Senior Management to ensure enough resources are assigned to complete the activity on-time and within budgetary constraints
- Mentor junior engineers to guide their learning and enable knowledge transfer.
- Help win customer confidence through integrity, technical competency, effective communications, problem solving and capability demonstrations.
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience with demonstrated expertise in complex systems development/integration
- Experience leading technical teams
- Demonstrated technical depth and breadth in Systems Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with resolving technical challenges requiring integration with cross-functional teams.
- Experience communicating program issues/status to customers, contractors and/or upper management and building relationships
- EVMS/CAM experience
- Experience generating Basis-Of Estimates (BOEs) and providing proposal support.
- Experience in Risk Management principles and Cost Savings initiatives.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First