2 months ago
Lead System Engineer
High Point, NC US
Serve as subject matter expert and lead a team of systems engineers to define, analyze, evaluate, develop, implement, integrate, test, and document complex systems. Interface with customers to understand their requirements and determine the best way to provide a differentiated solution given internal and/or partner capabilities. Support proposal development activities. Provide technology and vendor assessment and selection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead systems engineering efforts for complex systems including, system architecture, definition, system modeling, requirements development, integration, and test.
* Translate customer requirements into system requirements; perform requirements analysis and systems partitioning
* Flow down systems requirements to architectural elements
* Develop and deliver content for technical reviews with the customer
* Complete systems analysis, modeling and simulation of systems
* Analyze performance and conduct system verification
* Provide technical leadership and mentorship to systems engineering staff responsible for the development of complex systems
* Develop and deliver content for major technical reviews with the customer
* Support program leadership in direct technical discussions with customers.
* Provide systems engineering support to business leadership in pursuit of new business opportunities
* Develop and provide technical presentations for customers, as required.
* Evaluate partner capabilities and solutions and internal capabilities against customer requirements
* Support the development of partner relationships
* Collaborate internally with multi-disciplined software and hardware development, integration, deployment and maintenance teams to achieve program goals
* Travel to other CACI Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
* Understand and adhere to all CACI Ethical and Compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
* Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience with disciplined system engineering processes applied to the delivery of complex, hardware/software systems
* Detailed understanding of hardware and software development processes
* Significant development experience in two or more of the following technical areas: RF, Hardware, Software, Communications systems, Network and Infrastructure
* Experience working with multi-discipline, geographically dispersed teams
* Internal and external customer interface experience
* Demonstrated Leadership skills
* Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Must be flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver in a fast paced environment
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Secret clearance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other technical discipline and 8-10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience
* Master’s degree, preferred
* Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience and knowledge of complex IT and information assurance (IA) standards, desired
* Working knowledge of earned value management system (EVMS) principles
* Familiarity with industry standard certifications, such as ISO-9001 and CMMI-DEV
* Experience using IBM Rationale DOORS and other components of the Rationale suite
* INCOSE Certified System Engineering Professional certification
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.