Lead Stress Engineer to conduct stress analysis for an Aerospace Company based in Gloucestershire, with a competitive salary.
You will conduct stress analysis on mechanical and electro-mechanical actuation and other landing gear equipment, including valves, manifolds and uplocks.
You previous involvement of conducting fatigue analysis and knowledge of failure mechanisms and conduct static analysis under limit and ultimate loading and Experience of performing FE Analysis and using the results, structural specification and report writing knowledge
Responsibilities of a Lead Stress Engineer
· Advise on design options, materials selection, compliance and testing
· Review drawings and designs from a stress perspective
· Conduct stress and fatigue analysis on hydraulic, mechanical and elector-mechanical components
· Awareness of both linear and non-linear Finite Element methods
· Prepare structural analysis reports
· Identify and communicate technical risks
· Provide technical scope, estimated hours of effort and risks
· Engineering input to technical reviews
· Support the development of methods, procedures and tools.
· Previously worked to regulatory and quality standards within the aerospace industry.
· Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline (or qualified to an equivalent level).
· Experience of carrying out stress analysis and traditional hand calculations for mechanical components (manifolds, valve, gearbox housing) using aerospace grade materials.
· Electro-Mechanical products, gears, bearings, actuators, uplocks
· Experience of Mathcad and ANSYS.
· Knowledge of materials, mechanical systems, and their failure mechanisms
· Understanding of Hydo-Mechanical products
If you are committed to deliver products on schedule, have very strong communication skills and would like the opportunity to work as a Lead Stress Engineer apply now.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please call Jamie Birch on, or send your CV
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.