8 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Lead Space Radiation Survivability Engineers in Denver, Colorado!
The Lead Radiation Effects Engineer will serve as the technical lead for the department and should have extensive knowledge and experience in radiation analysis, test, and radiation effects on EEE components. The lead will provide guidance and mentoring to other staff members in the radiation effects department. Responsible for working with program analysts in developing and implementing radiation assurance plans for various programs and assisting in execution of testing in support of those programs.
Shall be capable of independently supporting complex radiation analysis and test in support of cutting-edge research and development efforts. Engineer will frequently prepare and present summary of radiation analyses at customer design reviews. Engineer will also provide analysis and reporting for radiation testing and occasional travel will be required to support testing.
Job Description / Requirements:
* Working with management to assess program radiation requirements
* Researching available databases for applicable component radiation performance and test data
* Developing, supervising, and running tests to evaluate component susceptibility to radiation environments, and requesting quotes and schedule radiation testing with outside services
* This roles is also expected to lead rad-test design and program analysis efforts, organize and control company component radiation data for ease of access, generate radiation analysis reports for internal and external review / approval, coordinate with other departments for project inputs and requirements, prepare and present summary of radiation analyses at customer design reviews as needed, and develop peer review technical reports and papers
* At a minimum the candidate will have a B.S. degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant discipline and at least 8 years in radiation effects in spacecraft electronic systems
To learn more about this position and to speak to a Recruitment Professional directly, simply call.
We’d be more than happy to assist you in any way we can!