4 months ago
Join Delta IT on our journey to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry.
Delta IT is on a journey to introduce state of the art technologies to support our innovative business needs. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our strategic high-tech journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Create component design working with the architect and implement the design
- Partner with consumers of the platform/services produced under the framework
- Collaborate with solution architect and business area to analyze technical information and produce quality software
- Be the technical leader for an agile team
- Lead the design, development, implementation, and support of information technology solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies.
- Construct, tests, and implements portions of business and technical information technology solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science with 8 or more years of software development experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience working with Services and Integration technologies.
- Experience working with microservices architecture, messaging middleware and developing cloud native applications is required.
- Web application frameworks and API technologies like JQuery, Springboot, AngularJS, Node.js and Swagger is required.
- Large project experience with high transaction volumes is required
- Experience working with business rules engines/business process management systems is required.
- Experience in JIRA, GIT and DevOps is required
- Experience with agile development with frequent releases is a plus
- Self-motivated individual with strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work independently and in a collaborative setting
- Previous experience in supporting large applications in production environment with strong debugging skills required
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Must have the ability to mentor junior developers
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.