3 months ago
Lead Radar Engineer - 1084928
KBR is seeking a Senior Radar Engineer for our Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland location. You will support our PM SAI Team and their mission requirements.
Provide Radar Engineering support for an airborne system; including wide-area ground moving target indicator (GMTI), dismount moving target indicator (DMTI) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) technologies. Comprehend radar phenomenology, including hardware components, signal processing techniques, antenna design, modeling, and simulation to support Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (AISR) radars.
• Assisting in the development of system-level and operational requirements for Radar systems upgrades including remote operations
• Providing technical assistance and engineering support necessary to fulfill pre-development activities including architecture, tradeoff and upgrade studies, requirement analysis, and rough order of magnitude cost evaluations
• Providing technical and engineering support necessary to meet platform requirements to include system design, upgrade, modification, testing, and deployment and systems sustainment
• Providing technical and engineering support and planning activities that are necessary to migrate systems through successive architecture revisions, upgrades and testing
• Providing informal on-the-job-training (OJT) to familiarize civilian and military operations and sustainment personnel about hardware upgrades, capabilities, and modifications
• Assisting with general software engineering that is required to upgrade systems, modify existing system software, support operations and sustainment personnel with specific software capabilities.
• Providing technical and engineering personnel to assist in the timely activation of system upgrades and installation of new systems, including system design, procurement of components, creation of documentation, system build (rack and stack), and system integration and test
• Providing technical and engineering support to assist civilian and military sustainment personnel to identify and isolate faulty system software and/or hardware components and restore the system(s) to full operational capabilities
• Participating in weekly classified and unclassified project and engineering meetings to review project progress and issues.
• Support Army Airworthiness Release process
• Attend and participate in various classified and unclassified Integrated Product Team (IPT) Meetings, provide engineering input to vendors and team members
• Travel up to 50% of the time; OCONUS travel may be required.
Certifications, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Active DoD Top Secret SCI Clearance
• At least 12 years of experience in airborne Radar HW/SW design, development, integration
• Experience with airborne SAR or GMTI radars
• Experience with Army airborne tactical radars such as STARLite, Long Range Radar(LRR), or Vehicle and Dismount Exploitation Radar (VaDER).
• Experience with integrating radar systems onto MQ-1C, King Air and DCH-8 aircraft
• Experience with radar signal processing and RF design
• Experience with radar modeling and simulation
• Experience with radar architectures and overseeing the design of radar systems and components
• Experience with supporting radar testing and evaluation both in simulated and live environments
• Experience with MATLAB or other radar simulation software
• Excellent technical management and communication required to oversee execution and technical accuracy.
• Experience with aircraft flight handling and general flight operations and support
• Working level understanding and experience of the Army Airworthiness Release(AWR) process and system changes that could impact an AWR
• Effectively communicate and coordinate with the senior military leadership, US Government customers, Contracting officer and Contractors (Prime and Sub), to establish relationships to support program management business rhythms, capture initiatives and other new requirements as appropriate.
• Ability to lead multiple teams, manage relationships, and be a key contributor in training efforts
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Project Management
- US-US-MD-Aberdeen Proving Ground