3 months ago
Lead Project Engineer
Job ID: 463300BR Date posted: Nov. 30, City: Centennial State: ColoradoProgram: NSP
Description:Your invitation to a bright future!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Navy Strategic Programs (NSP) is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers. We have opportunities that include advanced Hypersonic Technology, Glide Body Strike technology, and other key technology insertions. The early design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Navy Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) partners to field a number of future strategic systems that the nation urgently needs.
As a Lead Project Engineer, you will:
- Work with the System Engineering Integration and Test IPT lead in planning and execution of SEIT work scope and program execution
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures, schedules, and work plans
- Lead the planning, organizing, control, integration and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility
- Possess strong system perspective and excellent interpersonal skills
Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business oriented discipline
- Experience throughout engineering lifecycle (system definition, design, build, test and operational deployment)
- Keen awareness of how early milestones may drive future costs
- Strong capability working with technical leads to manage cost, schedule, and technical scope
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Experience in program management and ability to multitask
- Strong leadership skills and whole systems thinking
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to easily convey information/data
- Positive attitude, accountable and responsible
- Collaboration within multi-functional teams
- Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment
- Secret clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First