9 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead the Process Engineering & Manufacturing System Teams.
The position implements actions to promote and improve compliance and to standardize and simplify processes.
• Provide technical manufacturing support to production through process and product knowledge.
• To utilise knowledge of manufacturing systems with a broad-based engineering expertise to introduce new products and custom/contract opportunities into the manufacturing line.
• Drive improvement projects from manufacturing data, working as a team with Production Management, Quality and Maintenance to continually improve processes.
• To successfully plan, execute and deliver (including coordination and activity leadership of teams) several concurrent projects to agreed scope, and with necessary speed and urgency, whilst continuously monitoring changing priorities.
• Aim to employ applicable technology changes/advances and best practises within the manufacturing processes.
• To cost potential new products (both NPI and Custom and Contract opportunities) so as to provide highly accurate SPC that will form a key basis of go/no go project decisions
• To liaise directly with customers external to GE on technical issues they are encountering
• To provide technical input into customer complaints and queries involving written answers, verbal and face-to-face communication and, if necessary, devising experiments to help resolve the customer issue
• Functional leadership of the team, including recruitment, team/talent development, skill set improvement, and mentoring.
• Defining and enforcing of Change Procedures and document revision control.
• Experience managing an Engineering team.
• Proven track record of Process Improvement, cost reduction and problem solving through a team.
• Effective management and resolution of fulfillment and customer problems.
• Strong knowledge in BOM’s, Product Routings and Costings.
• MRP systems and Manufacturing Documentation.
• Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean Implementation.
• Management of Capital Projects and implementation of new technologies.
• Strong working Knowledge of, machine design and operation, machine capability and analysis, problem solving methods and digital data collection.
• Working knowledge of computer programming & PLC’s and Robotics.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, with ability and confidence to effectively interface with senior management and high profile clients.
• Extremely well organized, with attention to detail, yet able to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
• Able to grasp concepts and think/learn quickly.
• Professional approach, good judgment, creative problem-solver. Possessing the personal drive and commitment to implement innovative solutions.
• Working knowledge of Clean room manufacturing, Filtration devices, Healthcare/Medical devices and Manufacturing document databases.
• Six Sigma Black Belt and Formal Lean Training.
Locations: United Kingdom; Cardiff
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.