6 months ago
The Lead Global Machining Buyer will manage the procurement process for 150M (250 part numbers) of complex machined and fabricated Aviation components spread across multiple part families. You should have a comprehensive in-depth understanding of purchasing and sourcing concepts and principles and a strong knowledge of purchasing concepts in order to help drive supplier performance.
The Lead Global Machining Buyer role will help execute on a robust supply chain, ensuring a GE optimized net present value of quality, delivery and cost.
In addition, as the Lead Global Machining Buyer, you will:
* Manage relationships with 3 global suppliers (engineering, quality, fulfillment and planning) to help support the best GE outcome
* Work cross functionally across our domestic machining, fabrications, airfoil and casting organizations
* Develop 2 new global suppliers to increase capacity and drive cost competitiveness
* Manage problems and schedule changes
* Update ERP
* Commercial creativity in negotiating the best commercial and technical package for our customers
* Work with allocated key suppliers to improve On Time Delivery and Quality statistics to target levels
* Communicate timely, articulately and effectively across direct organization along with cross functional team
* Present to senior leaders in specific purchasing space and on cross functional teams on how purchasing contributes to overall strategy
* Assist in the continuous development of the Procurement function towards best practice
* Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain
* Advise Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures within own field
* Has a role as a project leader of medium sized projects or is a major contributor to bigger projects
* Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and facility with respect to specifications and budgets
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in Buying/Procurement, Sourcing, Supply Chain and or Purchasing
* Must have US Person Status in accordance with US Department of Defense requirements
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.