3 months ago
The Lead FP&A Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing financial planning, analysis and reporting for the CEO, Services, and Engineering Aviation divisions. Intermediate level professional position requiring subject matter knowledge and experience, more independence in problem solving and decision making. High exposure to Aviation senior leadership team (CFO/ F P&A leader) and divisional finance teams.
The individual in the Lead FP&A Operations Analyst position will support the GE Aviation HQ FP&A SG&A COE team. The focus is ownership of all SG&A cost elements for CEO, Services, and Engineering organizations
In the Lead FP&A Operations Analyst role, this will include:
* Lead and participate in quarter close and reporting activities
* Analyze actuals, trends against plan, and pacing
* Consolidate and prepare pacing for QMI and quarter close
* Own planning details preparation and submission into Hyperion for all planning cycles
* Lead reviews of month-end and quarter-end actuals with divisional CFOs and FP&A leaders
* Analyze actual cost trends / transactions, and propose action plans to improve profitability and cash generation as well as corrective action plans as needed
* Lead projects to improve existing reporting capabilities and drive GE Aviation cost out
* In-depth understanding of concepts and principles in the Finance function
* May be responsible for leading ad hoc analyses and requests from divisions, HQ FP&A, and GE Corporate
* Focus on department priorities within operating unit and may be responsible for work and development of others
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in FP&A or equivalent
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to influence others and lead small teams
* Ability to lead process improvement projects
* Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
GE is one of the largest employers in the U.S., with its global headquarters based in Fairfield, CT and 134,000 U.S. employees as of the end of 2012. Our facilities range from Thomas Edison’s original factory in Schenectady, New York, where over a thousand employees work today to build the latest generation of steam turbines and generators, to a GE Aviation plant in Durham, North Carolina, where hundreds of employees will make fuel-efficient, advanced technology jet engines. These locations exemplify an industrial renaissance that is happening in the U.S., driven by advanced manufacturing techniques, ground-up innovation, supporting thousands of new jobs, and making products for export. Want to be part of the renaissance? Join us today.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. Learn More about GE
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.