4 months ago
Lead Engineering Technician
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced technician skilled in laboratory-grade and prototype sensors build and test, build and test of electronics, and support of test stations as part of our research and development team. The candidate will be involved in technology development projects ranging from first principle demonstrations to near-production ready.
The technician will be expected to follow detailed instructions and keep accurate records, debug errors in operations and keep records of those observations. The technician should be able to communicate the status of assembly and test work in progress and able to coordinate work with others on different schedules. The technician should be capable to work on multiple projects during any workday. The technician should be able to work in a team environment or independently but operating in coordination with the principal investigator and co-workers. Safety/Housekeeping is very important as some devices require following special handling procedures.
Create new methods, techniques, and processes
Provide Customer Support
YOU MUST HAVE
* Associates Degree
* One year applicable experience with sensor electronics, printed wiring board build and layout, or multiple sensor technologies such as gyros and accelerometers
* Knowledge and experience creating electronics schematics, layout printed wiring boards using CAE/CAD, assemble fine-pitch soldered electronics boards, and order parts using on-line procurement system
* Capable of planning, and executing the hardware build and testing of sensors, including debugging hardware and software
* Experience conducting sensors and electronics tests, compiling test results, and writing basic test reports
* Ability to understand, design, and program Labview test software for in-house test stations, including documentation of the work
* Ability to operate computer automated test equipment with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Windows Explorer, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
* Experience in sensor related supplier engagement and defining electronics component specifications
* Experience working with and maintaining mechanical systems such as high vacuum systems
* Ability to operate prototype semiconductor packaging equipment, safely handle silicon wafers, and packaged sensors using standard procedures
* Strong communication skills
* Parts ordering and Government Asset Management duties
* Capital equipment maintenance, tracking, inventory, and ordering
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
* Continued Professional Development
* 1st Shift
* ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD48479
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 12001 State Highway 55, Plymouth, MN 55441 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.