5 months ago
Req #: 217052
Location: Austin, TX US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Ticom Geomatics, a CACI Company, delivers industry leading Signals Intelligence exploitation and Electronic Warfare (SIGINT/EW) products that enable our nation’s tactical warfighters to effectively utilize distributed grids of networked sensors, assets, and platforms to perform a variety of critical national security driven missions.
We are looking for talented, passionate Engineers, Scientists, and Developers who are excited about using state of the art technologies to build user-centric products with a profound impact to the US defense and intelligence community. We are seeking to grow our highly capable engineering teams to build the best products in the world. The successful candidate is an individual who is never satisfied with continuing with the status quo just because “it’s the way things have always been done”.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As a Lead Engineer on our Navy Air Solutions team, you will be responsible for engaging in design, development, and delivery of our products in support of our technical Project Leadership and Systems Engineering Lead. You will be working within multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams who are creating the core backbone in support of Department of Defense and other Intelligence Community agencies. You will be responsible for understanding and implementing key systems for the customer while connecting across our cross-functional development team to ensure we continue to deliver timely and impactful products to our customers.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX or Sterling, VA. (For those outside of the area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis.)
More About This Role:
- Develop systems development life cycle (SDLC) products to include technical requirements specifications, system architectural design documents, test plans, formal design reviews, and technical summary reports
- Provide rigorous and quantitatively backed engineering estimates for development and tracking of project budgets and schedules
- Create and champion well-considered technical approaches that meet project budget and schedule constraints
- Support technical coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams including both software and hardware development, system integration, and release to achieve project objectives
- Provide program managers and engineering management regular status to ensure alignment of project objectives, product strategy and technical solutions
- Support creation of well-polished technical documents, reports and presentations for customers
- Support technical white paper and proposal development with technical inputs
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Technical project experience supporting the successful development, integrating, testing and deployment of a system for one or more customers
- Successful experience coordinating multidisciplinary engineering teams (software and hardware engineering, integration, and production) of eight or more individuals.
- Experience conducting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making
- Understanding of and ability work within an existing software release management process
- Strong knowledge of system engineering fundamentals with the ability to effectively determine when to apply different approaches (e.g. model based design, Scaled Agile, risk analysis and management)
- Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Typically requires a B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions in the military services
- Experience delivering hardware and/or software systems for the military services
- Strong IP networking knowledge and experience working with classified networks
- Understanding of Cyber Security
- Understanding of SDLC processes and CDRL deliverables
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Ticom Geomatics (TGI) is a subsidiary of CACI International, Inc. in Austin, Texas with ~200 employees.” We’ve recently been named by Austin American Statesman as one of the Top Places to Work in Austin. We are an industry leader in interoperable, mission-ready Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) Precision Geolocation systems and produce diverse portfolio of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) products spanning small lightweight sensors, rack-mounted deployments, cloud-based solutions which are deployed across the world. The commitment of our employees to "Engineering Results" is the catalyst that has propelled TGI to becoming a leader in software development, R&D, sensor development, and signal processing. Our engineering teams are highly adept at solving complex problems with the application of leading-edge technology solutions.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.