4 months ago
The Opportunity: Lead Electrical Engineer
Our Salt Lake City, Utah facility is looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our Engineering team. We are in a period of growth here in Salt Lake City and we need someone to join us in our journey to success. As a Senior member of the team, you will act as the lead running exciting projects to design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications.
In return, you will be part of a global organization working at the cutting edge of technology. We offer a full benefits package from day one, generous vacation entitlement, competitive salary and the opportunity to make a difference in a growing, stable organization.
* Determines design approaches and parameters based on input from customer or systems architect
* Systematically determine root cause of failures or performance anomalies
* Analyze complex circuits to establish operating data, as well as conduct experimental tests to validate findings
* Assists in debug efforts for new product implementation and production issues
* Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
* May also review vendor capability to support product development
* Bachelor Degree and minimum 4 years' experience
* Must have a good understanding of electronic product design, an all-around basic knowledge of electronics, and also possess experience in design/troubleshooting skills.
* 1-2 years of experience with Altium for schematic capture
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Tool Suite
* Test automation experience in particular Labview, TCL scripting
* Basic understanding of Ethernet based Networking
* Experience working in a regulated environment (FDA or DOD)
Nice to Have
* Experience with MIL-STD-810 Thermal, Humidity, Shock and Vibration Testing
* Experience with MIL-STD-461 EMI Testing
* Experience with Linux
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.