9 months ago
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This role has key objectives of designing, developing and integrating of world-class Control & Protection software for VSC and LCC systems. The Control system is critical to the success of each HVDC (High Voltage Direct Current) Contract awarded
• Member of a multi-discipline engineering team to meet the project requirements throughout its life cycle.
• Full responsibility for wide area of software design work.
• Implement software QA activities, incl. code reviews, take part in project milestone and software release reviews, use of TDD-techniques.
• Prepare formal and informal engineering documentation (e.g. reports, specs, technical notes).
• Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline ideally with a software content or equivalent knowledge & experience.
• Experience as Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer
• Software development and software project delivery processes.
• Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
• Knowledge and experience in safety critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).
• Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, automated regression testing)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Conceptual understanding of full stack of software and in-depth experience in more than one area (e.g. firmware, middleware, control algorithm).
• Knowledge of HVDC
• Knowledge of Power Electronics control system design
• Model-Based Design techniques (Matlab-Simulink)
• Software architecture and modelling (e.g. UML, SysML)
Locations: India, United Kingdom; Stafford
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.