Lead Buyer, Mechanical Category
Exciting new Permanent opportunity has arisen following a recent expansion of our Global Defence client for a Lead Buyer, Mechanical Category based in Hertfordshire.
The IGP organisation is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. An opportunity has arisen in the Mechanical team for of a buyer of mechanical build to print and mechanical standard items in support of Manufacturing and Engineering.
As a Lead Buyer, Mechanical Category your role will be:
* Leading medium to complex negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products
* When required, taking active participation and often lead, in multifunctional and potentially international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects
* Following and supporting Category strategy, pro-actively providing ideas and solutions towards its' development and sometimes creation
* Managing suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations
* Managing supplier's performance and ensuring Operational targets are met
* Identifying and defining supplier improvement and development activities in conjunction with the Supplier Evaluation and Development Group
* Building strong relationships with Internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales
* Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
* Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks
* Identifying savings opportunities and liaising with Category Manager on follow-up actions
* Raising contract documents using templates.
* Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner
* Must be able to read and interpret drawing data packs
* Sound ability to understand mechanical technologies e.g machining, castings, composites
* Significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications
* Competence in understanding of basic technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers
* Good understanding of cost make up
* Good understanding and awareness of terms and conditions
* Strong team skills
* Strong communication skills
* Good negotiation skills
* Good influencing skills
* Proactive approach / Self starter
* Ability to work under pressure
* You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
* On-the-job training and mentoring in addition to supporting CIPS training for promising individuals.
* Although primarily a UK role, international travel may be included as part of the multi-national nature of the team, providing you with the opportunity to learn and work with other cultures
* Opportunities for development into other category roles within IGP.
* You will need to be eligible for a SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.