11 months ago
STS Technical Services is Hiring Lead Avionics Technicians in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
This role is responsible for the supervising, mentoring and leading a group of avionics technicians during troubleshooting, inspecting, repairing, modifying, and updating aircraft systems.
* Manage a group or groups of technicians during an aircraft maintenance project
* Manage calendar time and technicians hours to meet or beat the quoted time and delivery date of an aircraft maintenance project
* Identify and implement project schedule efficiencies
* Work in conjunction with the Avionics Supervisor and airframe, engine and sheet metal department technicians to complete projects
* Prepare daily work schedules for each assigned technician at least one day prior to the work being performed
* Troubleshoot, inspect, repair, modify, and update aircraft systems
* Ability to train junior avionics technicians
* Troubleshoot, repair, modify, install, and update avionics systems as specified with minimal amounts of direct supervision
* Direct Avionics personnel on assigned projects to meet high standards of quality and workmanship within FAA standards
* Coordinate with inspection department to complete proper paperwork required for each installation/repair
* Assist Supervisors in issues involving parts and drawings for assigned installation/repair work scopes
* Assist enforcement of company and departmental policies
* Advise Avionics Supervisor of any assigned personnel’s work related issues
* Ability to supervise Avionics personnel in absence of an Avionics Supervisor
* Demonstrate competency in use of proper tooling and techniques necessary for termination of wiring applicable to aircraft modifications
* Provide proper accountability of personal tools IAW local repair station policies
* Maintain shop cleanliness, organization and ISO standards
* May fill in for Avionics Technician Supervisor in their absence
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and technicians.
* Ability to read, understand and recommend changes to project work schedules.
* Ability to effectively manage and lead a crew of technicians in the execution of and completion of a project.
* Ability to perform forward planning on a project (proactive planning instead of reactive planning).
Required Education and Experience
* Education: High School Diploma or GED
* 10+ years of aircraft avionics experience with advanced knowledge of Aircraft and Avionics
* 2 years as an avionics maintenance supervisor or crew lead;
* 5+ years’ combined experience on any of the following avionics systems: Garmin systems, Proline 21, ADS-B, Special
* Mission Systems, VHF Nav/Comms, Audio ICS Systems, Autopilot Systems
* Must be familiar with FAR 91.411 and 91.413 testing/recertification
* Basic computer knowledge; Microsoft Word and Excel; Maintenance Technical Publications
Required Certificates and Licenses
* FAA Repairman’s Certificate with prior Repair Station and Radio/Instrument Certificate
* Manufacturer Training Certificate(s) FAA Certificates
* Computer Skills: Corridor
* Related Aircraft Skills: PT6A Engine and JT15D Experience
* Additional Eligibility Qualifications
* Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
* Must have good command of the English language; oral and written.
* Work Authorization/Security Clearance
* Employee must be a US citizen and not hold dual citizenship with another country.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.