Modelling and Simulation is becoming integral to the design process of Landing Gear as the demands become increasingly complex as the industry moves towards the next generation of aircraft.
As part of the Landing Gear Modelling Office team, the successful candidate will work on multi-programme (all civil aircraft), multi-system (braking, steering, extension/retraction), multi component (gear, wheels, tyres, brakes), multi-disciplinary (avionics, hydro-mechanics, structure, loads, tests, A/C control and performance) activities.
You will be responsible for the development and integration of physical and avionic models and conducting model-based design studies to support the definition, validation and verification of requirements for Landing Gears and associated systems (braking, steering, extension /retraction).
- Specifying, developing and maintaining models, tools and simulation platforms delivered to the Landing Gear Design Office and the Ground Test Centre (Landing Gear test rigs, aircraft integration and training simulators in Filton UK and Toulouse France)
- Contributing to the development and wider deployment of Modelling and Simulation in the Landing Gear design, safety and Verification & Validation processes to support global A/C optimization through early stage architecture studies, prototyping and virtual testing
- Contribute to the development of multi-disciplinary and trans-national co-simulation capabilities (loads, hydraulics, electrics)
The successful applicant will also have opportunities to contribute to the model based design strategy (MBSE) within Landing Gear, suggesting and demonstrating improvements to methods and modelling approaches.
Outputs would include models built within a number of simulation software packages including Matlab/Simulink, Amesim and MSC ADAMS together with supporting documentation. Certain models will also be integrated onto test platforms both in Filton UK and Toulouse France.
The successful applicant will liaise with and support trans-national model users, design, integration and test teams to agree on model content, delivery schedule etc.
They will also contribute to design prototyping, quick issue fixing or system/aircraft analysis.
Model development and modelling analyses will also need to be designed, executed and reported.
As the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Aerospace degree, Systems, avionic, physics or mathematics background
- Modelling packages and languages (such as Matlab-Simulink, MSC ADAMS, Amesim, SysML…)
- A good understanding of underlying physics (hydro-mechanical, multi-body dynamics, thermo-fluid), and the ability to apply them in the field of braking, steering, extension/retraction systems and wheels, tyres and brakes domain, would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent team working
- Good analysis, synthesis and learning capabilities
- Innovative thinking
- Customer focused
- Negotiation level in English