Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Landing gear Engineer validation & verification
Pay: £38 per hour
Contract: Full time
The task of validation and verification (V&V) on the ATA32 Landing Gear Systems will ensure that a robust development process is adhered to in order to achieve Certification and early product maturity
- The ATA32 V&V engineer will be responsible for performing V&V and Requirement Based Engineering activities across ATA32 systems primarily on the Aircraft Programs but maybe required to support also R&T activities
- The ATA32 V&V engineer will manage all V&V data in the 'DOORS' requirement tool
- The ATA32 V&V engineer will provide V&V process guidance and support
- The ATA32 V&V engineer will also be required to support ELTP mission initiatives
- The ATA32 V&V engineer will report to V&V Leader operationally and Head of ELTP functionally.
The scope of V & V efforts will include (but is not limited to):
- Define the validation and verification means and methods for the requirements.
- Plan the V&V activities for the development phase of ATA32 Systems.
- Create information relating to the V&V of ATA32 Systems. (Validation, traceability, design verification and product verification).
- Provide guidelines to help the system designers in establishing of the strategy of validation and verification, and to ensure the traceability.
- Update specifications (Top Level Landing Gear Requirements Document, Top Level Landing Gear Description Document, System Requirements Documents, High Level Purchaser Technical Specification, etc.) on behalf of the design team.
- Preparation of Laboratory Test Request, Ground Test Request and Flight Test Request on behalf of design team.
- Participation in the system development activities.
- Contribute to the certification of the systems by presenting the ATA32 Validation and Verification summary in accordance with Certification requirements.
- Update the V&V plan for the development of ATA32 systems in line with ATA32 requirements.
- Specify requirements for, obtain, and work with V and V evidence from Suppliers
- Use DOORS and test analysis tools (Excel, Matlab, LTM etc...) for the V & V purposes.
- Provide updates to requirements document where necessary (Top Level Landing Gear Requirements Document, Top Level Landing Gear Description Document, System Requirements Documents, High Level Purchaser Technical Specification)
- Maintain validation and traceability evidence from Top level documentation through System Requirements Documents, System Description Document to High Level Purchaser Technical Specification in DOORS
- Update of V&V plans in accordance with program needs
- Maintain design verification, product verification and compliance data in DOORS
- Address program generated V&V KPIs
- Prepare V&V summary at various A/C milestones.
- Maintain V&V data in DOORS (requirement management tool)
- Review and work with V&V data from supplier
- Prepare Laboratory Test Request, Ground Test Request and Flight Test Request as required
- Provide support to testing activities
- Support ELTP mission initiatives.
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"