6 months ago
The Labourer/Sweeper will demonstrate the ability of satisfactorily completing tasks given by verbal instruction. He/she must be capable of carrying out work given of a physical nature in outside environmental conditions as well as indoors, and in aircraft.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
* Performs the operations to maintain hangars and general office, washrooms, lavatories, and other like areas in a clean and sanitary condition by use of necessary equipment, under general supervision.
* Paint walls, floors, machinery, and equipment as delegated.
* Dusts and cleans furniture, fixtures and windows. Cleans and landscapes Company grounds, yards and parking areas, including removal; of snow, ice, etc.
* Disposing of garbage and assists in the removal of chemical waste.
* Sweeps ramp area and unloads vehicles.
* Assists all maintenance trades as required.
* Removes all debris accumulated by tasks(s) performed and maintains a clean, safe work area.
* Will be familiar with and will comply with all safety regulations.
* Performs other related duties as directed by immediate Supervisors.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs – 100 lbs periodically.
* Move office furniture or equipment when requested by supervisors, to different locations in plant or to other locations outside of plant.
* Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies.Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
* Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 8S activities in your area.
* Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.