9 months ago
• Minimum of 1 year physical science experience including chemistry and laboratory work preferred.
• Familiarity with Chemistry and Mechanical properties of EQ, DQ, SX alloys preferred.
The MCL Technician/Metallographer, working under the supervision of the MCL Supervisor, will prepare casting samples for metallographic evaluation, analyze and record data, maintain data and samples as required. These samples are required for internal and external audits, first piece qualifications and customer shipment requirements.
• Identify parts and customer. Retrieve and review part specifications and drawings.
• Identify location of cuts on parts.
• Cut, section and snag castings to prepare for metallurgical mounting. Maintain identification of parts.
• Mix epoxy resin and hardener and pour into molds.
• Properly identify casting section samples with appropriate codes and symbols.
• Polish samples as required per instructions.
• Etch samples as necessary.
• Analyze Hip and heat samples with microscope, to determine compliance with customer specifications.
• Maintain storage and record retention of samples and data.
• Maintain clean lab area and equipment.
• Be willing to work overtime as required to support shipments and engineering development work.
• Maintain safe working environment and assure compliance with safety rules and practices.