3 months ago
This is a Long Term Assignment to Al Jaber Air Base, Kuwai for up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
This position, located in Kuwait, provides Contractor Instructor Services to the Kuwait Air Force (KAF) as part of a Foreign Military Sales contract.
• Provides flight, simulator, and academic instruction to KAF pilots in customer-owned F/A-18 aircraft.
• Conducts familiarization, qualification, upgrade, standardization, flight, and ground instruction in support of customer courses ranging from CAT I to advanced training, including air-to-air gunnery, air-to-ground strike, day/night in-flight refueling, and day/night low level training.
• Maintains aircrew training materials and courseware.
• Assists the customer operations and training staff in development of aircrew instructional philosophy, syllabi, evaluation criteria, and approaches for standardizing training materials, delivery, and training standards.
• Performs as Subject Matter Expert for courseware maintenance support.
• Assists the KAF in building operational aircraft, employment, and weapons briefings to support KAF continuation training.
• Establishes qualifications and training standards. Primary training site is at Ahmed Al Jaber Air Base in Kuwait.
• Deploys to other sites in and out of the customer country at customer discretion to support training operations.
• Accompanies senior customer representatives to international F/A-18 related conferences at customer discretion.
• International travel may be required to attend NATOPs and safety related conferences on behalf of the customer.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Bachelor's degree or higher in any field of study
• Pilot wings attained through a US Navy- or Marine Corps-approved undergraduate pilot training program
• Completed a US Navy or Marine Corps F/A-18 qualification training
• Minimum of 800 hours Pilot-In-Command and/or Instructor Pilot time in the F/A-18 aircraft
• Must have flown the F/A-18 aircraft within the last 36 months
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret U. S. Security Clearance post-start
• Applicants must include a resume including a flying time breakout, past experience, any special qualifications, and education
• Must meet F/A-18 NATOPS/OPNAVINST 3710.7U (section 126.96.36.199) Anthropometric Requirements for duty in an ejection seat aircraft
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• 8 or more years of military flying experience
• A combination of F/A-18C and F/A-18E Super Hornet experience
• F/A-18 Fleet Replacement Squadron Instructor Pilot
• F/A-18 Division Lead
• Top Gun Weapons and Tactics Instructor
• Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) Instructor
• Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System Instructor
• Top Secret U. S. Security Clearance
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Technical bachelor's degree and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' or a PhD degree with typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award