The role of Lead Agent is to provide professional product support within the Swissport check in on a shift basis. To coordinate and provide contracted services on check in to ensure service quality is maintained at all times to agreed airline standards.
The following responsibilities are associated with this role:
- To coordinate and organise the Passenger Agents allocated to the check in.
- To ensure that Airline quality and punctuality standards and Swissport performance standards are met in the most cost effective-fashion.
- To work direct on check in where required to ensure passenger profiles are checked in within airline close out standards.
- To act as the first line contact for all staff working within the check in, in order to help staff solve problems accurately and with customer and Swissport guidelines.
- To act as a role model in all dealings with others and to ensure new staff are coached and supported to reach optimum performance as quickly as possible, in order to aid retention and development of staff.
- To deal effectively with passengers ineligible to fly or causing difficulties, in a professional effective manner, in order to minimise disruption on station or delay to normal activities.
- To willingly share knowledge and own experience with colleagues and act in a cooperative manner to ensure customer service is continuously improved.
- To consistently demonstrate a high standard of appearance and time keeping, in order to maintain the visual and professional status of Swissport.
The list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on location and local customer requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Excellent working knowledge of the check in procedures and ancillary revenue collections
- Excellent people skills in order to motivate and lead effectively by example. Knowledge of identifying job related training requirements
- Assertive and professional in nature with a positive attitude to resolve customer difficulties in an efficient and effective manner within airlines guidelines.
- Ability to time manage, multi task and operate within strict deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.