6 months ago
KCO Engineering Repair - Engineering Ops Liaison I
MCI, Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
Monday, November 5, 2018
SUMMARY: Provide coordination between Operations and Engineering to ensure the most efficient and economical methods for repairs or modifications on aircraft or components during maintenance or modification programs. Duties will include accomplishment of task assignments from a Engr Ops Liaison II, development of engineering milestones for Operations and Engineering, and primary point of contact between Operations and Engineering to ensure consistent action in accordance with customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists Operations Leads with review of all non-routines for possible Engineering Items.
* Works with Operations and Engineering Leaderships to determine Milestone Dates for all Engineering Support Requests (ESRs) in order to maintain the current aircraft schedule.
* Works with Operations to ensure only items that require Engineering are submitted to Engineering by researching engineering history files, customer standard engineering drawings, repairs, and all relevant approved references that may be used by maintenance without further engineering approval.
* Assists Operations with creating a complete ESR package to submit to Engineering including, but not limited to History Research, NDI, mapping, etc.
* Assists Operations in proper accomplishment of technical tasks and documentation of work performed.Reviews and submits all ESRs to Engineering.
* Works with Operations and Engineering to prioritize ESRs.
* Updates DAS Sheets with critical path Engineering items on daily basis by deadline.
* Reviews preliminary engineering replies with Operations to clear any concerns on the practicality of the repair and to assess required inspections and processes called in the repair.
* Assists Engineering Leadership in creating typical damage maps for future use.
* Provides primary point of contact between Operations and Engineering to ensure consistent action in accordance with customer requirements.
* Reviews existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for airframe structure; avionics, indication, lighting, and electrical systems; mechanical / hydraulic systems and components; engine pylon/struts; and landing gear.
* Interacts in a professional manner with members of internal and external organizations.
* Knows the proper use of all applicable customer, OEM, regulatory, and maintenance requirements.
* Regular and prompt attendance.
* Effective and appropriate conduct with co-workers.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Position may require overnight travel and responding to technical AOG situations during off hours.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that you are provided with full information on your area specific safety issues, all unique hazards are identified, and you are provided with the proper equipment to carry out your job in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be maintained to a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported to your supervisor or manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in an environment where limited standardization exists.
* Strong PC skills will include e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, communications, operating systems, and basic computer drafting skills.
* Ability to understand Regulatory requirements for airworthiness, for the FAA and various foreign authorities (JAA, JAR, CAA, DGAC, CAAC, etc.) and include in engineering documents, drawings and designs.
* Ability to understand and promote the policies / procedures of ATS, and ATS Engineering.
* Ability to understand and apply the policies / procedures of all customer(s).
* Ability to understand and apply information from Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (MMs), Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs), Service Bulletins (SBs) and other aircraft reference materials.
* Interpretation and use of aircraft manufacturing, assembly and installation drawings.
* Assertive communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Six years related experience and/or training with at least two years in a Lead Mechanic or Master Mechanic role at ATS ; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have extensive knowledge of all areas of the aircraft as well as basic knowledge of engineering practices and principles. Airframe and/or Powerplant license required.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally work near moving mechanical parts in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate to high. This position requires use of a respirator.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either party may terminate employment at any time. The job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. ATS reserves the right to revise the job description at any time.